- George Santayana
Houston History of Medicine Society
The Houston History of Medicine Society is open to all interested individuals. Nothing is required to join except to attend the lectures and if desired, the annual banquet at La Colombe d'Or restaurant. Lunch is available to the first 75 attendees.
The Society was formed in 1986 as the Baylor History of Medicine Society and in 2008 changed its name to the Houston History of Medicine Society, jointly sponsored by Baylor College of Medicine and the University of Texas in an effort to appeal to a wider audience from the Texas Medical Center and the Houston community. In 2010 the HAM-TMC Library joined as a third co-sponsor.
Everyone is invited and lunch is provided (if you arrive early).
Join Our Mailing List
To be placed on the monthly mailing list for reminders, please contact Robert E. Rakel, M.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Director: Robert E. Rakel, M.D., Baylor College of Medicine
- Baylor Faculty Advisor: H. Tristram Engelhardt, Jr., Ph.D., M.D., Rice University
- Baylor Course Assistant: Jesse Slavens, Rice University
- University of Texas Houston School of Medicine
Faculty Advisor: Thomas R. Cole, Ph.D., UTHSC-H
- Houston Academy of Medicine - Texas Medical Center Library: M.J. Figard, HAM-TMC Library